Sunday, August 11, 2024

Gen Con 2024

I went to Gen Con again this year with most of the regular crew - Buck, Dave, Karen, Lou, Nick, and Rob. James had to miss this year, but my cousin Amy joined us, and we drove back and forth from Appleton to Indy together.

Wednesday night dinner. Dave's old gaming friends also joined us.


For games, I did all D&D again this year. I played some with Amy and Nick, and played the 2024 D&D Open with Buck, Dave, Lou, and Nick. A new comrade Julio brought our Open party up to six. We started slow in the Open but came back to land right in the middle of the rankings, 25 out of 50.


We caught up with Zac at an early breakfast before the Open Saturday morning.


A lot of fun costumes this year...Dr. Evil was my favorite this year.




There was a series of seminars for D&D’s 50th anniversary, with some of the original gangster authors from the day, hosted by Jon Peterson. I was able to catch the seminars with Steven R. Marsh and Mike Carr, and Luke Gygax and Allen Hammack.



Jon signed some of his recent books for me. Steven signed my D&D Expert Set rulebook, and Allen signed my Ghost Tower of Inverness module.


Lunch by Lucas Oil Stadium.


Pinball alley between the convention center and the stadium.